Sunday, March 8, 2015

Moray Eels and A Bull Shark

A Spotted Moray Eel harasses a huge White Margate.

    Don't be scared. I didn't know that there was a bull shark that cruised by the last reef. I was half way back to the boat. The shark was about 7 feet long. While I would have loved to see it, I would have been really nervous. 
     The Moray Eel provided the excitement for the day. I kept seeing some movement in the cracks of this rock. Two huge White Margates turned and flipped around under the coral. I tried to float overhead and watch for the Margates to show themselves. They were both about two and a half feet long. All of a sudden the moray poked its head out. It swayed back and forth opening and closing its mouth. The eel must have been five feet long. 

     Every reef brought new challenges and excitement. I ended the day playing closely contested Bananagrams games with my new friends. Tomorrow is the last day. I will miss being here but am looking forward to seeing
friends and family at home.
Stoplight Parrotfish is saying Hi. 
I estimated 1500 French Grunts on this reef.
A Gray Angelfish is looking right at me. Notice the blue lips.
Fish Party Under the Rocks
A Graysby Grouper is tucked underneath the rock. There are three white dots on its back.
Lettuce Coral and White Grunt
Porkfish with lots of Lane Snappers
Colorful Coral
Juvenile Blue Tang: It is crazy that this fish changes into a bright blue by the time it is an adult.
Gray Angelfish: This guy cruised around and around the reef. It was bigger than your dinner plate.
Chimney Coral and a tiny Sharpnose Pufferfish 
White Margate Madness
Sandbar in the middle of the sound

No comments:

Post a Comment